Monday, March 7, 2011

Independence

Song: Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer

I have been so busy the past couple of weeks, and finally today I get a little break before actually having to start doing a ton of work again. Ah, college, all it does is kick your butt. 

Anyway, I've been thinking lately about I've grown up to be an overly independent person. It's why I LOVE having a car so much and am overly protective of it (besides the fact my parents pay for it :D). I can chose when to drive and where to go instead of depending on other people. Asking for help is one of my least favorite things to do, EVER. For some reason, I have this mindset that if I can't do it by myself, it's not worth doing in the first place. 

Now I will make a list of 10 things I have no idea how to do yet.

1. Bills
2. Taxes
3. Change a car tire
4. Swim
5. Study for Appreciation of Music class
6. Use an ATM
7. Tolerate loud pounding from the fourth floor
8. Fix a computer
9. Drive a stick shift car
10. Dance

Hmmm... And how am I supposed to learn how to do these things without asking someone for help? I maybe could teach myself how to do some of those things without anyone's help... but it would make things a whole lot easier. I love it when someone asks me for help with something... I like helping them learn. But I won't do it for myself.

Challenge for this week: If you need help with something, JUST ASK SOMEONE. Yes, this is coming from the person who insists doing everything herself. I guess it's alright to step out of the box once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment