Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Twenty Third Day of the Second Month

Listening to: Memories With Brandon playlist

Well, I said the next post would be a happier topic, but I lied. Sorry.

Today's the day. The one year anniversary from the worst news of my entire life. There's a link to the news story.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/85077767.html

I woke up today at the time Brandon died last year. Yeah, that put a damper on the already crappy day. My stomach just sunk so low. So I went back to sleep. I woke up at the time we called him to check on him (we didn't know he was already gone). I punched my pillow and went back to sleep until my alarm went off.

My stomach sunk again today around the exact time Amanda's death was announced over the loud speakers at the high school.

My friends at college knew this was going to be a tough day/week for me, so they've been trying to cheer me up in subtle ways. (For example, Mary suggesting we skip chapel, drink coffee, eat cookies, and talk? YEAH! Awesome :D) I appreciate and thank everyone immensely for this. Because I don't want it to me made a huge deal. I do, however, need to be handled with a little more care today.

The support from friends and family back home, of course, I can just feel. And I just want to let them know I love them so much.

I am back at my house for a while. I find myself wanting to go back to the school and being in Ligonier again, though. Returning to the place where the madness began. I don't really have time to go back to Ligonier today, but that's where I want to be. I guess times change, though, and I can't always go running back to wherever when I want. Things change. Life goes on.

I cherish all my memories though. Good and bad, I take them with care and learn from them. So honestly, I am feeling very sad today, but all the happy memories popping up in my brain with Brandon and Amanda are making me smile a whole, whole lot.

There's a lesson for you all today. Cherish everything about the people you love. Because you don't know when they're just going to be gone.


Kindergarten (couldn't find pre-school picture)


Senior Year

1 comment:

  1. I love that kindergarten picture of you two.

    And I love you. Lots.

    ReplyDelete