Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Some Cliche Title About Reflecting On the School Year

Song I'm listening to: The Art of War - Anberlin
(and a shuffle of Anberlin on my computer)

"I've never seen someone smile so much when they say 'fierce and cruel persecution' "

That was one of the comments I wrote down in my notes during a random film during my 8:30 class yesterday. It was a weird film.

ANYWAY... that was just a side note.

The end of the school year is coming up so fast. I still remember welcome weekend like it was yesterday. Now, I'm packing up all of my stuff again... to take it home... and pack it right back up in 3 months to head back to school. I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan of hauling all of my junk around all of the time, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

This school year was... I'll just say that so much happened this year. There were so many new experiences and changes...

The first night there was hard. I just sat in my new bed, realizing how incredibly uncomfortable it was even though I had/have a mattress pad, and wondered what I had gotten myself in to. I could barely sleep, I was sharing a room with someone who seemed like someone I could get along with but I was still so nervous, and I only got around 4 hours of sleep that night. The next morning we were all forced to go to breakfast, and I had 2 mugs of coffee before 8:30 in the morning because I had never felt that tired in my entire life. Plus I had to sit awkwardly at a table full of people I didn't know... at 8:00 in the morning... when I was tired. It was a bad morning.

The next couple of months was full of half hearted attempts at trying to get to know some people on campus, but in all honesty I'm not sure I really wanted to. I missed (and still do miss so much to this day) all of my friends back at home and they were the only people I wanted to see. I had deemed my room mate to be a good friend by this point in time (hahaha yay for you, Alyssa!) but I almost didn't think I was actually going to get any really close friends ever again. I mean, I remember one day I just sat on my bed for 3 hours and read a book straight through. I was pretty boring.

The end of the semester was just crazy. Did fun stuff happen? oh yeah lol. and not-so-fun-stuff? oh yeah... I'm not going in to specifics, but Christmas break was needed.

Then... second semester seems like it just started, and now it's almost completely done. But what has happened during second semester?

At the very beginning I got a self esteem boost from an interesting circumstance
I learned how to fall in to the routine of college better.
I actually have some really close awesome friends here at college as well as people at home.
I figured out I have to work just a bit harder on work than I did in high school (haha)
I learned how to take time for my self.
I learned I don't always have to be "available" to talk to.
I have really, really gained an appreciation of Anberlin and other bands
I explored Winona Lake.
I let myself get all fancied up for Alyssa's photography project :P.
I have almost completed the worst class in the history of classes. One more class. One Exam. Then I'm done.

But the most important?
I drank Perrier water.

Kidding!

Without a doubt not everything in this semester as been ideal... some things have really sucked. There's things I don't like about college, definitely. But I'm learning how to handle things better. Or at least I'm trying.

With summer coming right up, there's no doubt I can't wait to get out of here, even though I'll be waitressing almost every single day. Probably about half way through July I'll be banging my head on a wall, crying, and saying "get me out of here! I'll go back to college!!" because the July crowd is always insane. But honestly... even through all of the crap, I can't wait to go back to work and start getting money again. The summer will fly by though, between working and Bethany and Dustin's wedding.

I'm taking advantage of every bit of summer I have though. I can't wait for it.

Bring On Summer :D

1 comment:

  1. Yay! i love it! and i totally hear you...I just can't wait to get out of here, but I will miss you so much! And i feel special for getting mentioned not once but three times :) dont worry I will have plenty more times where doll u up for photographs :D love u!

    ReplyDelete