Thursday, July 11, 2013

Life Is Sweet

Song I am currently listening to: Pompeii - Bastille

I haven't written a blog post in... I don't know. A long time. I don't feel like counting. So, here I am. I am back.

Since whenever the last time I wrote was, I have had so much going on in my life. So many awesome events that I am not sure I can fully describe them all. So here is a picture of my cat in the bathtub:

Why are you looking at me, hooman?

And that is all. Have a nice day.

Just kidding.

One of the most amazing things that has happened in my life is that my wonderful sister and brother-in-law had their baby, Charles! My nephew! I am an aunt. I believe I have taken on this new title and role very well.

I think I took this picture holding my phone with my foot. The things I do so I can properly snuggle with my adorable nephew.

I think Charles believes I have taken on this role of "auntie" quite well as well. Except when I try to feed him. Or comfort him. Or sing to him. Or whenever I am not either one of his parents.

Just kidding, I actually became more comfortable taking care of baby Charlie, and I got quite a few smiles and chortles from my nephew. I read to him and played with him, as well as finally changed a diaper for the first time all by myself (yeah, I am not around babies much. Ever). He only spit up on me once, thankfully. I got kicked a couple times because he was upset that he didn't have the bottle RIGHT when he thought he should have it. He is strong for his age, that is for sure. Every time I tried to give him a bottle, he wiggled and squished himself in the exact position to receive one. Every time, he also gave me a look that said "jeesh, do I really have to help you, Auntie Sarah?" Yep. A one-month old baby had to tell me how to hold him. *sigh*

Besides the fact that we have a new member of the family, it has also been really great to see how my sister and brother-in-law have embraced their new roles as parents. Watching how much they both love and care that they give their child is extremely heartwarming and encouraging. I have always looked up to my big sister, but seeing her as a mother just makes me look up to her even more. I am beyond proud of her ability to overcome the challenges of having a newborn and be the best she can be. Charles will certainly be well taken care of under the care of Bethany and Dustin. There is no doubt about that.

*Anti-climatic and not nearly as endearing and cute as the paragraphs above moment: I got glasses because I can't see the broad side of a barn.

SEE PHOTO ABOVE
Because those are my glasses.

The eye doctor looked at the numbers for my vision and said, "Wow, that is bad! It is no surprise you need glasses!" I was thinking: Erm, actually, I didn't realize my eyes were THAT bad... What I said: "Haha, yeah, I guess so!" So, yes. I have glasses. I bump them in to everything because I am not used to them being on my face. I also have different depth perception, so I have been knocking over everything trying to adjust to my glasses. I feel like I am going through puberty again.

I understand, stock photo man. This is my life. Always and forever.

*Jarring topic switch: Scott and I celebrated our one year! We went out on a date to Casa Grille where I got to order whatever I wanted and get dessert as well! I had such amazing cheesecake... I just love cheesecake. Oh my goodness. We spent a lot of our July 4th weekend up at the lake, where we watched fireworks two nights in a row, went down a giant slip-in-slide, and explored shops in North Webster.

Scott also attempted to teach me how to be a stronger swimmer. However, since we were in the lake and mini waves from the boats kept pushing me under water, this swimming lesson ended in me planting my feet on the lake floor where my head was still above water and refusing to move unless Scott pushed me around on the raft. This may be a slight exaggeration, but captures the general attitude I had about learning how to tread water. He also "dropped" me once (he didn't, he just didn't warn me quick enough that he was letting go of me, so I said he did) so that also ended in me refusing to move once I got to solid ground. Mostly, I just wanted to give him hugs and splash around where I could reach the bottom of the lake. That is mostly what I did. Scott was ever supportive and said I did a good job learning how to tread water, but I do believe he was being polite. What a sweetie :).

This was taken after we went swimming. Apparently I did not scare him away with my tenacious attitude. :). I love him.

I am sure more has happened, but this blog post is long enough. I haven't been able to move since I got home from work three hours ago because my cat decided to snuggle with me and sleep. I would feel bad if I disrupted him... wow. Yeah... And I actually wonder why he is the most spoiled and brattiest cat in all of existence. I guess that's what happens when you only live with a cat.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Me, in just a few short years.

Ciao for now, everyone, I shall attempt to write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment